- Harshing @anthracite’s buzz will get you banned.
- Dragons are awesome.
- An it harm none, do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
- Be Excellent To One Another.
- So it hath been spoken, so it hath been written, and so shall it be. Consecrated by Ye Holy Herb Of Ye Glacier Goo, in the Year Of Our Silicon Lady Number Five.
Things that may harsh @anthracite’s buzz
(aka Code Of Conduct):
- forgetting to tag politics
- being a nazi
- dragons being jerks to mammals (or to each other, but especially to the mammals)
- also non-dragons being jerks to anyone, just don't be a jerk, okay?
- also please be aware that @anthracite only speaks English and may thus be a lot less nuanced in her use of the banhammer if you're being a jerk to someone in another language
- doxxing, brigading, death threats, all that 4chan/ljdrama/kiwifarms edgelord shit
- posting nsfw stuff (especially Actual Human Nakeds)without a content warning
- posting anything that's illegal in my state (currently Louisiana) or yours
- being @anthracite’s significant other
- re-posting private messages, here or elsewhere
- being a corporation, or being sponsored by one
- posting sigils/subliminals/strobes without a content warning
- constant shitposting
- failing to be thoughtful, considerate, and polite in your disagreement if you happen to disagree with what someone else is saying
- evading bans/blocks/no-contact orders via multiple accounts, on this server or others (multiple systems please note: this applies to all accounts belonging to all members/systems/headmates of your system)
- questioning @anthracite's moderation/federation decisions, especially if you use the terms "virtue signalling" or "filter bubble" whilst doing so
- posting AI-generated art, it is okay if there is some buried deep in your art process but if you are a "prompt engineer" who spends 90% of their time on a piece typing stuff into a text input box then you are not welcome here
- giving @anthracite cause to expand the list of actions that are explicitly forbidden here
Imagine you have a cool queer trans aunt who is a cartoon dragon sometimes. Don't do anything that'd probably piss her off.
Also, we generally silence any instance that claims to be dedicated to "free speech", as in practice this usually means it is happy to host hate speech. Life's too short for that shit.
SOMETHING LIKE TERMS OF SERVICE:
This is an experiment. We currently make no promises as to the safety of any data you post to this site, nor to its persistence. Shit happens.
We do, however, promise not to try to monetize your attention with advertisements. We also promise not to share your private data with any other people, government agencies, or corporate entities. Well, we might share your data if the government comes knocking with a big pile of lawyers. We haven't had that happen yet.
We also don't want to dig into your private messages. That said, if someone is claiming you're harassing them in PMs, we will have a look at them. Please try not to make us have to look. Also, keep in mind that private messages are not encrypted, and other servers are not guaranteed to respect the 'this is private' marker. I would not advise talking about anything illegal here until the Mastodon project solves this.
It's up to you if you trust us to keep these promises. "We" is currently just @anthracite, a trans lady in her mid-forties.
"IF YOU'RE NOT PAYING FOR IT, YOU'RE THE PRODUCT"
The whole model of commercial social networks has been "make money by selling your attention to advertisers, as increasingly-more-specific market segments". This has a lot of problems.
Right now, running this thing costs me about $27/month, which is pocket change for me. But if you'd like to help out then I've set up a Patreon.
Alternatively: make crazy porn of one of my fursonas happen, or make a donation to the Southern Poverty Law Center or your local chapter of the Democratic Socialist Party. Or just take some spare money out of the bank and give it to someone near you who needs it more than either of us. ♥