💤 cw: length, dream ramble
Gotta get this down while I remember it, so these are just sketchy notes.
• Stated on a crisp fall day at the Moomin Museum, the largest of its kind in America. Dropped off my companion there to browse around.
• Found something called The Muppets meet The Moomins, which was a crossover comic drawn in a weirdly realistic style that didn't fit either of them, but at least the writing was good.
• Wandered over to the theatre next door where an opera was being performed on stage using some kind of holographic projector for scenery.
• The opera was "Yhe Man of La Mancha" (not the same as the musical and even more weird and meta)
• After it ended, I was able to get into the seating area and see the holoprojector up close, but I couldn't see the holograms properly; something about them refused to come into focus, like a Magic Eye print that didn't quite work. A nearby family saw me struggling and decided the best way to help me was to get all up in my face shoving their phone screens at me, which really didn't help. That's what woke me up.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!